Didn't sleep much night before. The brother and I, we were checking the prices of the train tickets to Wertheim online. It's pretty costly and I felt it wasn't worth to pay so much to go to the shopping village. So we decided that I'll not go, thus I went to sleep late.
Early morning as everyone is getting ready, the brother said that I should follow him to the train station. He felt/thoughy that there should be cheaper tickets available at the station itself. So I washed up quickly and we left for the train station.
Luck was with us. The tickets were surprisingly so much cheaper. And so, I went with them to Wertheim.
We had to change three trains go get to Wertheim. The journey took us approximately 3 hours!! There's no buses nor any personnel at the train station when we arrived. We checked our maps. Decided that we weren't waiting for the public bus. S0 we walked to the main market square, where there's a free shuttle to bring us to the shopping village.
As we had time before the next shuttle bus departs, we took a walk at the market square and at the same time, get food to fill our stomachs!!!
The Market Square
The garlic bread was free for all to try. I kept going back to 'try'! Lol!
The Chocolate Cake and Meat Pie is really WOW! Shared these with the brother! Should have gotten one each! The fish burger looks really interesting! The brother's friend bought it. I'm not a fan of fish. The brother took a bite and didn't like it!
Timing was just about right. By the time we were more or less done with eating, it was almost time to board the free bus. Didn't take us too long before we arrived at the Wertheim Village. First thing we did, was to check the return bus schedule. Grabbed some maps and we were all ready to go shopping!
Things weren't exactly cheap. Some brands didn't interest us much. The brother bought a tad bit too many shoes! He was at Converse and upon seeing a pair of shoes which he pretty much liked, at such a low price that he bought it without thinking. And while we were at Asic, he saw another similar pair of shoes which he liked better. Told him that since he's going to London, and that he will be returning to Wertheim Village, why not buy later? He was also thinking of the shoes that he saw at Timberland!
We all went crazy shopping at Birkenstock! It was so cheap! So much cheaper than in Singapore! If it wasn't for the lack of sizes, I would have bought more!
What I bought!
Everyone of us were so busy whatsapping to our friends back in Singapore, asking them which design and size they want! I was supposed to get a pair for Stef but unfortunately the colours that she wanted, were out of stock!
The brother and I, we went back to Timberland for a last look before leaving. I ended up buying a waterproof jacket! Good buy! Cost me less than SGD90!
The whole bunch of us, we gave our biz mainly to Timberland and Birkenstock!
Boarded the bus back to the market square. The train doesn't leave till another 4 hours later. Most of the shops were closed. Pretty quiet. Went into an Asian Restaurant and had our dinner!
Surprisingly the food here is good!
The brother's friends thought that I'm the younger sister! And they were so surprised when I said I got my riding license in 1999. The whole group of them were born either in 1990 or 1992. Lol! I guess it's a compliment that I look so convincingly younger than my 22 years old brother!
The afternoon didn't feel so cold! Maybe becos we were running around the shopping village! The nite was so cold! One guy (WJ) had three sweaters on!!! HY was feeling really cold and so WJ took off one of his sweaters for her. We were all pretty exhausted and restless. Had my sugar, Coke. Luckily HY had Haribo with her! And we munch on the Haribo while waiting for the train.
I can't believe we spent almost 6 hours traveling to the shopping village with only 3 hours doing the actual shopping! The village was quite a distance away from Mannheim. And becos today is a weekend, the last free bus departs at 5pm instead of at 7pm on weekdays.
It was already past midnite when we arrived at Mannheim. Luckily the supermarket was still opened. The supermarket is closed on Sundays. I should have gotten the Ritter chocolates and Haribo earlier instead of last minute!
As I didn't manage much sleep the nite before, I was pretty much gone. And I still had to pack! Everyone fell asleep as soon as they are done washing up! Been a great day despite the exhaustion!






No comments:
Post a Comment