Woke up early, showered and packed my bags! Left it at the hostel and headed to the train station. I didn't ask the hostel to get the train ticket because they charge a RUB150 service fee when all they do is just clicking on the computer. Besides, I need to know how to get to the train station, just so that I don't lose my way tonite.
I had difficulties locating the train station. There are 2 train stations in the vicinity. I could buy the train ticket from any station. But still, I need to know where I should board the train tonite. So I kept walking and asking passerbys. Language barrier. The map didn't help either. It was only after 45 minutes that I manage to locate it and it's not even a 10 mins walk away! The train station doesn't look like a train station! It looks more like a shopping mall or an office building!
I arrived at the Kazanskiy Railway Station on 09 Sep. But as it was raining and I was dead tired from the train ride, I didn't take any photos! Since I'm back here today, took the opportunity for some shots!
The metro is just next to the train station! How convenient!
The Kazanskiy Railway Station
I thought I was smart to follow the train tracks to locate the train station .... but ... NO!
Does this look like a train station (to you)?
Again, language barrier. Had a tough time communicating to the staff the ticket that I want to buy. Only managed to buy the ticket successfully after 15 minutes.
Time is tight. I've spent too much time buying the train ticket. Rushed back to the city center. I wanted to visit the Kremlin and the St. Basil Cathedral. Seems like I only have sufficient time for one. Since some have told me that it's not worth paying to go into the St. Basil Cathedral, I decided to skip that. If I have time later (after the Kremlin), I would go.
When I arrived at the ticket office for the Kremlin, it was only about another 45 mins to the sales of the Armoury Chamber. Since I haven't had lunch, I decided to take a quite bite first.
Wasn't very keen in having McDonalds as I will be meeting Tom and Geoffrey later this evening for McDonalds. Nothing else appealed. Had the 'buffet' instead. How it works is that we pay for the food in accordance to the portion (weight) we take.
Wanna guess how much my lunch cost?
So, after lunch, I headed back to the ticket office. Bought the tickets to the Armory Chamber and also to the cathedrals inside the Kremlin.
One of the entrances to the Kremlin
The Armory Chamber wasn't opened until about half an hour later. However, there was a queue formed already. Took the opportunity to take some photos within the compound.
Photos aren't allowed inside the Armory Chamber. Pretty interesting place though I don't have a keen interest in it!
Managed to sneak some photos!





No comments:
Post a Comment