Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Visas


How to apply for the Russia visa?

I applied for the Russia visa with Visa to Russia.  Can't remember how much it cost.  I wrote it down in my hardcopy travel journal.  Gotta check.  I took the 'next day' option and they sent me the LOI the very same night!  So I took time off in the morning, and headed to the Embassy of the Russian Federation in Singapore.  This is their offical website -> http://www.singapore.mid.ru

All information is available at the website.  It's a very simple no-brainer process.  A lot of people have the mis-conception that it's a difficult and tedious process to apply for the Russia visa.

Be sure to have the Russia visa registered within 3 days of arrival!  Some hostels/hotels do not allow those who's not registered to check in.  While I have also heard of people not registering and not getting into trouble.  Some said it doesn't matter (to register) if one's leaving the country by air.  But it may be a problem if the person is departing by train or bus.

As a Singapore passport holder, I do not require visas for China and Mongolia.

I have met travellers along the way, who have had applied for the Mongolia visas while in Irkutsk, Russia.  It's not a difficult process but you need to give it time.  One good tip, is to apply for the visa upon arrival in Irkutsk, then head to Olkhon Island for 3 days.  So when you are back in Irkutsk, the visa should be ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment