Thursday, March 8, 2012

08 March - Beijing!!!

I bought the Air China tickets 2 weeks prior and I was so pissed off, as the week before, when I was in Hanoi, Jetstar came out with a promotion and I could have gotten the tickets for half the price I've paid for the Air China flights! Oh well, I didn't want to screw up anything, and since what's done is done, I'm just gonna whine for a bit, and then enjoy the holidays!

The flight wasn't full and I wasn't feeling comfortable sitting beside this guy who kept intruding into my space! After supper on-board, I went to the toilet and found a row of empty seats on the other side and slept my way thru to landing!

It was so cold upon arrival in Beijing! Went to the toilet to put on the thermal clothings, and took my own sweet time to clear customs! Dreadful long wait for the luggage!

It wasn't too difficult to get to the city, but the early morning traffic was BAD! Rush hour! And when I alighted at the metro stop nearest to the hotel, no one could tell me the right directions! Feeling cold and hungry and a bit lost, I went to the nearest Starbucks, hoping that the staff could at least point me to the right direction! But NO! And the free wifi required me to have a local Chinese number in order to activate it! So I continued walking in the cold, with the hot chocolate in hand!

Finally managed to locate the hotel and luckily I was allowed to check-in early! Took a nice hot shower and rested till lunch time!

Went to Wangfujing as planned, as I wanted to get more warm clothings! I ended up not getting anything as the weather forecast said that it will turn warmer during the week! And so, after spending a nice afternoon at Wangfujing, I returned to the hotel and retired for the day!

My must-have whenever I'm in Wangfujing! Hot pudding milk tea! Deliciously good!

No comments:

Post a Comment