Sunday, October 13, 2013

China again!

The sister is attending Tsinghua University next year.  Scoot was having a promotion and we got tickets for S$3 one way!  After adding in baggage and the convenience fee, it came up to S$78 for one pax.

I wasn't intending to go to China.  I'm saving for NYC!  Oh well.  I didn't think it would be safe for the sister to arrive at 1am in Beijing (on Jetstar in winter).  Scoot flies to Tianjin and not Beijing and I don't think the sister will be able to cope with her luggage from Tianjin to Beijing so I offered to go with her!

I'm quite looking forward to it actually, despite having been to Tianjin twice and Beijing thrice!  Can't wait to see Jack either!

Now I'm having a headache planning the route!  Too many places and insufficient time!

I've been to Harbin before, but missed the Ice and Snow Festival.  Not exactly keen on doing it either.  But the sister seems to be quite interested in it.  She is also pretty flexible and asked me to plan anything (that I would love to visit)!!  Sux having no input and suggestions from her!  Cos there's simply way too many places I want to go!

Since it's winter that we will be in China, I'm gonna skip all those places that are more suited for summer.  Harbin is a good choice.  Changbaishan and Jilin City are good choices too.  But the train connection isn't too good.  And Jilin Province is huge!  It's kinda a bit far from Beijing as well!  

Oh well, I have 3 months to plan ... 

No comments:

Post a Comment