Wednesday, August 29, 2012

29 Aug - Ulaan Baatar!

Woke up just about an hour before arrival in UB! Got woken up for a while when the other 2 passengers alighted in the wee hours of the morning.

I slept quite a bit but I was having a really bad headache. It must be from the hot weather in Erlian.

The train carriages! The train seems really long!

Houses along the train track! Arriving in UB soon!

Arrival in UB!



The girl whom I was sharing the berth with, is working in UB. She had colleagues who came to pick her up. So she gave me a lift! Brought me to the hostel right next to her company. Lucky again! Cos I have no clue where I was going to stay! I was planning on looking for a hostel near the train station upon arrival.

So she helped me checked-in and even gave me her contact details in case I need help!

Was pretty lucky that the dorm is empty! And there's an attached bathroom which means I don't have to share!

View from the hostel

Sexy Club! Right next to hostel! Took this photo from the balcony in the room.

Since I was having a really bad headache, I took a panadol and slept the afternoon away!

Woke up in the late afternoon and decided to get some currency exchanged or I'll have no dinner for the day!

Took a map from the receptionist and was told where to go. I must admit that though I did not have any expectations of UB, I was quite disappointed. I guess I have not done my research well.

The street just outside the hostel

Developing Ulaan Baatar. Such roads are everywhere. I had to walk on this to get to Peace Avenue!


Streets of UB

Convenience store that sells almost everything!

Luxury shopping mall. I wonder how the Mongolians can afford luxury shopping!

Probably the only signage I have seen in my 4 days stay in Ulaan Baatar!

Went into the bank to get some MNT! They work pretty long hours! Till 8pm!

First meal in Ulaan Baatar!
Opted for something familiar as I wasn't feeling well!

Ordered a tad bit too much food! But hey, it's my first proper meal in 2 days! No fun being on the road for 2 days straight!

Rush hour!


The Japanese build bridges while the Koreans donate buses!

There was nothing much to do. Tried chatting with the travelers at the hostel but they don't seem friendly. So I decided to retreat to the dormitory. Since I'm not feeling well, decided to have an early night which unfortunately did not happen! Was just chatting on whatsapp (with friends) and surfing the internet before going to sleep at about 2am!

No comments:

Post a Comment