Went to the Forbidden City. I think the maps are quite stupid. It shows 'You Are Here' but in a different orientation. Kept walking until I realised that I was never going to get to the Forbidden City. Kinda stupid actually. And it was cold.
Before I come to Beijing, everything I know about China was from the TV and movies! I'm actually quite impressed with the architecture! The people in the past was amazing! The Great Wall was really impressive! And the Forbidden City is really huge!!!! It is almost like a city on its own!

After the Forbidden City, returned to the hotel to rest. Dinner with Jack! He brought us for steamboat yet again. I'm not complaining. It's nice having steamboat when it's cold!
Jack brought us to this restaurant 田源鸡, which was apparently quite popular with the locals!

Apparently the soup is drank best as it is. After the food is thrown in to be cooked, the soup gets a lot saltier!
Mr Lee busy ordering the food!

Round 2 with the chicken!

and the rest of the food ... !

Mr Lee looking very happy cos he had his 羊肉!

With all those eating done in the last 5 days, my throat is starting to get slightly uncomfortable! Jack recommended 王老吉 which is a Chinese herbal drink, and one of the most popular soft drinks in China. Wong Lo Kat is the Cantonese transliteration of its name in Chinese characters. Wong Lo Kat originated in 1828 during the Qing Dynasty in Guangdong and Guangxi provinces of China, founded by a doctor Wong Chat Bong 王泽邦

It taste just like grass jelly!
Of cos, the nite isn't going to end just like this! Afterall, I have flown so far to visit him! We headed back to the hotel and we had another nice cosy chat at the cafe. Just the 2 of us!

He had to work the next day and had to leave at about 11pm. Takes him about an hour to return to his residence.
How I really wish that he's nearer so that I can just ring him out for a chit-chat or coffee session!
No comments:
Post a Comment